Color brings life to every part of our lives. We are surrounded by it on a daily basis. It can be as vivid as an autumn leaf or as subtle as a misty day. Without color, life would be muted and bare—That is why we believe in color. Color is transformative and is more than just paint on a wall. It is the backdrop to lasting memories and precious family moments. So, when we choose a color of the year, we know how integral color is in you and your loved one’s lives. That is why we chose Cozy Cover as our 2018 Color of the Year.
Cozy cover—At the Center of home memories
The colors you choose to incorporate into your home are an important decision. Colors speak to who you are as an individual or as a family. They set a tone for your home environment and contribute to the message you want to convey to incoming visitors. Below is why Cozy Cover is an excellent color for your home.
The best factor of Cozy Cover is how it brings the essence of “home” into a living space. This mauve tone is subtle, yet can bring warmth to an entire room. It is a timeless color that is the perfect for everyday home and family life.
Cozy Cover is a phenomenal background for family and friend gatherings. It fits every occasion from simple dinner parties to large holiday events. This tone is naturally welcoming and pleasing to the eye, which will put you and your guests at ease.
Cozy Cover provides an instant calming effect. The tone is naturally soothing and evokes a tranquil, serene environment. It is an ideal color for creating a rejuvenating space where everyone in your family can relax and enjoy time together.
Adding Cozy Cover to Your Home
Cozy Cover is a versatile tone and can be easily incorporated into any room in your home. The tone is unique in that it works well as an accent or as a primary color. Here are ideas for adding our Color of the Year into each room of your home:
- Living Room: Use the tone as an accent wall. It will look great behind a fireplace or T.V. Plus, it pairs well with any style of furniture; including those that are patterned.
- Kitchen: Cozy Cover is durable enough for everyday kitchen tasks and is striking behind neutral tile backsplash and light-toned cabinets. For a pop of color, add towels and accessories in complementary colors.
- Dining Room: Use this color as the primary color in your dining room. The tone is inviting to all guests and family. Additionally, it pairs well with either light and dark colored dining table sets.
- Bedroom: Cozy Cover makes a great primary or accent color on your bedroom walls. The purple tones are soothing and help you rest after a long day.
- Bathroom: Break away from the standard white bathroom setting and add this tone as a pop of color. It works well with white bathroom fixtures and light-toned or patterned tile.
Incorporating Cozy Cover With Additional Colors
Cozy Cover is not only a stand-out tone, but it also plays well with others. Here are a few examples of how you can mix and match Cozy Cover with other James T. Davis Colors:
- #0563 Vigilant: This color adds a subtle contrast, yet compliments Cozy Cover’s mauve shade. This tone works well with floor trims.
- #0582 Paved Path: This cool gray color contrasts with the warmth of Cozy Cover. Add a Paved Path and Cozy Cover tones for an eclectic look or to add a little pop of color.
- #0392 Alsot Olive: Both of these tones together will add a pleasant hue to your home. The cream color base of Alsot Olive compliments the pastel tone Cozy Cover. In a bedroom, these two tones create a restful haven.
- #0006: Little Dove: This soft tan color, along with Cozy Cover make a perfect crisp and fresh look to your space. Add Cozy Cover to your walls and Little Dove to your window, ceiling or floor trims to achieve this look.
- #1222: Grape Soda: Add a unique color contrast in your home. The rich purple mixed with the pastel tone of Cozy Cover makes an engaging, vivid statement. These colors looks great together in dining rooms or living rooms.
Tips and Tricks For Applying Cozy Cover
When it comes to working with painting, paint coverage can be an issue. So, before you add Cozy Cover into your home, there are a few basic painting tips you will want to review ahead of time. First, be sure to purchase the right tools needed for the job. For example, the type of paint brush you will need is dependent upon where you will add the paint. If you plan on painting a wall, you will need a paint roller and pan. If you are painting trim you will need a paint brush. Second, add a primer beforehand. A primer will help your paint to be vivid as possible. Lastly, plan on adding at least two coats of paint. This is necessary in order to achieve the paint sample tone.
Let the inspiration begin
2018 is the best time to try something new. We know this versatile tone will be the perfect centerpiece for all of your annual family and friend occasions. We cannot wait to see how you plan on incorporating Cozy Cover into your home this year. Don’t forget to stay inspired— Pin your favorite Cozy Cover look.